The HVS Aortic Valve Database is a longitudinal observational cohort study enrolling patients with ascending aorta aneurysm and/or AR, or aortic stenosis. Centers all over the world who are interested can participate.
Some key features of the online database:
- Under scientific responsibility of the Heart Valve Society
- Compliant with ICH/GCP
- Hosted by Telemedicine, Paris
- Each center remains the owner of its data and can upload retrospective patients from local database
|AR||Patients operated on because of AR (including congenital mixed aortic valve disease) and/or aortic aneurysms (root and tubular ascending aorta).
|AS||Patients with aortic stenosis receiving a surgical or transcatheter AV replacement, that are below the age of 65|
It is also possible to only add AR or AS patients in the database.
Centers without an AV repair program are encouraged to join the HVS Aortic Valve Database as well.
It is important to enroll all consecutive patients within a center, in order to keep the database as representative as possible.
The HVS Aortic Valve Database is open for patient enrollment since January 2013. Collected data includes:
Diagnosis of valve and/or ascending aorta disease
Procedural data In depth peri-procedural data Echocardiographic data pre- peri- post-operative and at discharge Complications at discharge
Follow-up data (every year after surgery until patients' death)
Clinical data including complications and treatments
The HVS Aortic Valve Database is designed to be of additive value for physicians. Beside data analysis and research it can be used as a clinical tool in daily practice as there is the possibility to generate a Clinical Summary on patient level. The Clinical Summary summarizes all relevant information of that particular patient in one on-screen-view or report to be printed. This summary can be used by physicians in the outpatient clinic as it will visualize for example all echo results from pre- and post-op till the last follow-up visit. Patients can be searched by their names to support the physician (see further specification). In addition, the application will allow to filter and select specific subgroups, like a list of the deceased patients, patients with AR grade 2 or patients that need to be contacted for follow-up.
Three good reasons to participate
- A clinically orientated database where you can search each patient by his name (compliant with US and EU regulation for safety of personal data) and directly visualize a patients’ medical summary with echo table online or printable as PDF form.
- The possibility to extract data of your own patients at any time, with access to all HVS Aortic Valve Database variables.
- Initiating your own research and/or participate in multicenter analysis. Possibility to include extra variables in the database specific to your center.